|To provide and manage a facility for bulk handling of fresh produce and related fresh trading activities|
The purpose of the Gqeberha Fresh Produce Market is to provide and manage a facility for bulk handling of fresh produce. The provision is meant to supply the inhabitant of the City with adequate and affordable range of good quality fresh produce.
The Fresh Produce Market undertakes the following core functions:
· Provision and maintenance of an infrastructure for the bulk assembling, handling, and selling of fresh produce
· Provision and maintenance of efficient and cost-effective ripening and cold store facilities for the ripening/storing of subtropical/deciduous fruit
· Provision and maintenance of a computerized sales system
· Provision of cash-handling facilities
· Provision of an information management system
· Provision of a security service
· Provision of a cleansing service
1. Buying procedure
To be able to purchase at Gqeberha Fresh Produce Market, a buyer has to apply for a personalized buying card to be utilized for all purchases at the market. It is essential that a buyer brings an ID book on the day they wish to apply for a card.
· Collect a buyer card application form at our inquiries window in our Cash complex.
· Cash can be deposited at the Market Cashiers.
· Process an Electronic Fund Transfer to the market’s bank account below and include your buyer card number as a reference.
· Cash deposits can be done at any Absa branch, the details are as follows:
630717Account Holder name: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Municipality
Buyer number on your card (COMPULSORY)
1. Lost/ Stolen cards
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately to the Enquiries window in the Cash complex or to the Office block (1st Floor
1. Operating hours:
Monday to Friday (06:00 to 10:30)
Saturday (06:00 to 09:00)
Sundays and Public holidays (Closed)
1. Physical Address:
Corner of Markman and Ranger Road
1. Contact details:
Mr. Xola Saba (Deputy Director) – 0662179228
Mr. Sydney Rasmeni (Operations Assistant) – 0823122036
Miss Phumza Sandi (Admin Controller) – 0713021469